Uro Oncology, also known as Urologic Oncology, is that field of medicine wherein the research, diagnosis and treatment of cancers of the urinary system is done. It consists of the treatment of urological cancer, in addition to the therapy and follow up treatment of the same. Uro Oncology treats the cancers of the bladder and the kidneys in both men and women, along with that of the prostate gland, the male sexual organ and the testes in men. To treat tumours or cancers in these organs, it is best to consult a Urology Cancer Specialist in Delhi, who will ensure that proper care is taken and the best treatment is given to you.
What Are The Types of Urologic Cancers, and Who’s at Risk?
Urologic cancers typically affect the structures and organs of the male and the female urinary systems, in addition to those of the male reproductive system. These cancers develop as the result of fast and abnormal growth of cells in the urinary and reproductive systems.
As per the Best Uro Oncologist in Delhi, the most common types of urologic cancers include:
- Bladder cancer, which affects the cells lining the urinary bladder.
- Renal (kidney) cancer, which develops in the small tubes that clean the blood in the kidneys. In rare cases, this cancer can also lead to the development of renal pelvis cancer, which occurs in the part where the kidney connects to the urinary bladder.
- Testicular cancer, which occurs in the testis and is quite rare.
- Penile cancer, which affects the penis, or the male reproductive organ which is a part of the urinary system in men.
- Urethral cancer, which forms in the urethra, otherwise known as the tube that helps in the secretion of urine from the bladder.
- Prostate cancer, which occurs when a malignant tumour begins to develop in the prostate gland in men.
Symptoms of Urologic Cancers?
According to the Best Uro Oncologist in Delhi, some of the major symptoms of urologic cancers include the following:
- Blood in the urine
- Pain or burning sensation during urination
- Frequent urge to urinate (especially during the night)
- Blood in the semen
- Painful ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction
- Inability to urinate or having a weakened flow of urine
- Pressure or pain in the rectum
- Pain, pressure or stiffness in the hips, lower back, upper thighs or pelvis region
- Enlargement or swelling of the testicle
- Pain in the scrotum or groin
- Unexplained weight loss
If you are experiencing one or more of the above-mentioned symptoms, it is advised to get checked by a Urology Cancer Specialist in Delhi immediately.
How to Diagnose Urologic Cancers?
When you are experiencing the symptoms of urologic cancer, it is best to go to a Urology Cancer Specialist in Delhi, who may perform some tests to determine if you are suffering from cancer or not. Some of these diagnostic tests include:
- A physical examination to check for the enlargement of the prostate or bladder.
- A ureteroscopy or cystoscopy, wherein a thin tool with a tiny camera or light at one of its ends is inserted into the ureter, bladder and the kidney to check for any tumour.
- Laboratory tests to look for any changes in the blood that could be indications for urological cancer.
- Imaging tests, such as ultrasound, MRI, X-ray, CT Scan or Angiogram, which helps the surgeon to check for any abnormal growth of tissues along the urinary tract, male reproductive system or the urinary systems in men and women. It also helps to get a detailed image of the internal organs.
- A biopsy, wherein the surgeon obtains a small sample of the abnormal tissue for the analysis of the presence of cancer cells in it.
You can get an accurate diagnosis for urological cancers from Dr Vikram Batra Shah, who is the Best Uro Oncologist in Delhi.
Why Choose Dr Vikram Shah Batra as the Best Urology Cancer Specialist in Delhi :-
Dr Vikram Shah Batra is the best Urology Cancer Specialist in Delhi. Along with offering treatments for urological problems, he also provides the best overall treatment for urology cancers, among other issues. He is known for treating his patients with the best care, in addition to diagnosing their cancer and curating a personalised treatment plan, all the while ensuring that their safety, comfort and privacy is maintained.
As the Best Uro Oncologist in Delhi, Dr Batra has over ten years of experience in the field of urology and uses various modern treatments and techniques such as laparoscopy and robotic surgeries along with radiation therapy to treat urological cancers. His clinic in Delhi, The Urethra Clinic, is known all around the country for offering some of the best treatment for urological cancer and other urological issues. It is equipped with the latest equipment and boasts of experienced surgeons and doctors who give proper treatment to every one of their patients.
What is Unique About Our Approach to Treating Urologic Cancers at The Urethra Clinic?
The Urethra Clinic is under the name of Dr Vikram Batra Shah, who is the Best Uro Oncologist in Delhi. They provide the best treatment for urologic cancer. However, when doing so, the surgeons and experts here also pay close attention to several factors, including the grade of the tumour, how advanced the cancer is, as well as the treatment preference of the patient. Some of the treatments done for urological cancers at The Urethra Clinic consist of the incision-less laparoscopic and modern robotic surgeries. The surgeons here also use Molecular Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Cyberknife and other types of radiation therapies to treat the different types of urologic cancers.
The Urethra Clinic’s approach to treating urologic cancers is highly patient-driven, where the doctors are focussed on using all the available resources, latest equipment and research to understand what treatment plan is the best to treat an individual.
These include population screening for prostate cancers leading to a virtual stage migration as in almost all disease is detected at a very early treatable stage. The cancers of kidney has also taken a field change with small cancers in first stage coming to attention before it is too late. Same hold true for adrenal diseases. All this has been possible because of advent of latest generation Ultrasound and Computed Tomography Scanners.
The treatment has evolved from conventional large open surgeries to incision-less laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. The Robot Da Vinci Si has taken the surgeries of the above cancers to different anatomical level unparalleled till now. This has helped enhance the dexterity and reach of a human hands to microscopic depths of all corners of human body. This has seen evolution of Cancer Prostate management with almost 95 percent continence rate following surgery.
The Da Vinci Si application has seen unprecedented lateral application to other streams as well.
The surgeries of cancer bladder has seen complete robotic duplication of the open procedure and therefore a larger acceptance of a morbid procedure.
Apart from Surgical expertise and enhancements the diagnosis which has become more evolved using Molecular Imaging and Nuclear Medicine ( PET CT) and Cyberknife and other modalities of radiotherapy.
Take care if
1. If you have blood in your urine.
2. If you are more than 50 years and if you have not screened for PSA especially if any of your relatives have had Cancer Prostate
3. If swelling, lumps in penis
4. Swelling or enlargement of testes
5. Ultrasound diagnosis of a renal cyst or mass